Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Making Room

We've had to make lots of changes around here in preparing to add a 3rd baby into the family! Our house was 3 bedrooms, but now it's 4! I've included some pictures below of what we've been up to (besides being sick all winter).

I'm going to the doctor every two weeks now and yesterday I had one of my regular check-ups. I actually took a personal day to spend with Reid before she comes (sans kids) and we ran errands and got caught up on her getting Millie's room ready. It was definitely worth it and much needed adult time. We even got to have breakfast at one of my favorite places with no sippy cups, kids menus or food throwing.

We did hit a little snag at the doctor's appointment though. One of the regular tests came back positive for protein in my urine. At almost 33 weeks, this can be a sign of preeclampsia. I don't have high blood pressure or any swelling so that's a good sign. I'm at home today doing a 24 hour "test" which I will spare everyone the details of. Let's just say I'm stuck here unless it's for a very short period of time:( I should know much more information by Friday after some more tests have been run. I've never had this many complications, but I guess the 3rd time is the charm! I'm just trying to stay positive and rest when I can!

Here are the shirts for the"Big Brothers" and Millie's little matching onesie!
Millie's freshly painted room complete with bedding and wall art-I wish you could see the white part better, but it's a big "M" inside a scalloped circle. I love the way it turned out! We still have a lot more to do but I feel a little relieved for right now.
I bought Millie a coming home outfit in newborn size. It has feet and a little matching jacket. I think I'm going to go back and get the matching blanket and try to find a little hat!
This is our old dining room which is now the boys' playroom.

Behind this wall used to be our "gameroom" but now it's Hank's room! It's quite big and perfect for him. Ben's room is to the right (that's was Hank's very first room). Thanks Grammy and Papa for helping us get this all accomplished!!

2 comments:

texasmacks said...

The room looks so cute! I love the colors and the gameroom looks amazing. Who did it? We're looking to get a french door added and need to find someone.

McFarland Family said...

Everythings looks great!! I hope your test come back with great results...keep us posted!