Once there, I was hooked up the monitors and definitely having regular contractions that were uncomfortbable, but nothing too painful. I was assured this was perfectly normal for someone who was dehydrated. It's still not a good feeling to have when you are 10 weeks from your due date though. Baby Millie was definitely tolerating everything very well even kicking the monitor off. They hooked me up to the IV and gave me one whole bag in 30 minutes and invited me to spend the night! The hospital dose of nausea medicine worked wonders and I was out until my doctor came to visit at 3:30 am. After a couple more bags of fluid and a small breakfast I was able to hold down, I was released to go home. I slept the whole day and stayed home to rest the following day. I've been trying hard to rest lately, although that's difficult working full-time and taking care of 2 little boys!
So, now I am 30 weeks and getting ready for Millie's arrival. Grammy helped us get her bedding and furniture and we should be painting soon! Reid is going out of town this week so we have to wait until he can get back. I've been sorting through the clothes we've bought or received from other people. She is going to be a fashionista for sure....with lots of accessories:)
We've never waited this long to prepare but things haven't been going our way lately and it's been a slow process. We are having a shower for her coming up also, so I know she will be all set in the next few weeks!
Here is a picture of the bedding (not her room) and our furniture is similar in color to this. We are painting the walls a very light pink and I am getting her name made for the walls. Hopefully soon I will have some new pictures of all we have done at our house to prepare for one extra person!

4 comments:
You deserve a smooth last few months! I love her bedding. It is going to be perfect!
I love the bedding....I REALLY hope the next 10 goes a little better thant the first 30 weeks...LOL!!! You need a break!
Hope the rest of the 10 weeks go very smooth! See you in the morning!
I love the bedding. I need to come see the new addition. I still can't picture it. I also need to take Ben and Hank to give you a break. Seriously, you need one! Thank goodness for your mom!
Post a Comment