Sunday, October 11, 2009

Finally Updating!!

We are still here! I've the let the fact that my computer is messed up be an excuse not to blog and post pictures, but I know you can do it on any computer. Really, it's just that I've been busy and tired and am just now human again. I can think outside of the next 24 hours now and about more than how I am going to make it through the day. I only threw up once this week and it was my own fault since I let myself get too hungry. I'm also adjusting to working full-time and taking care of the boys which is the hardest on the weekends when I'm by myself. It seems like this is "party" season and we always have some kind of commitment when Reid is home so we get behind on the daily chores. If we can keep everyone here, "flu free" we can just enjoy the rest of Fall and all it brings!

Hankster: I've included some of Hank's soccer pictures and pictures from his birthday party (because they were on the same memory card). He is adjusting to the whole "color" system at school and takes his greens, yellows, and reds very seriously. It's so much pressure! He did finally have an all green week which was nice after 8 weeks of school. I'm continually amazed at how perceptive he is and how smart he can be without letting you know directly. I think after almost a year he's finally adjusting to having a baby brother and they are starting to laugh and play together more and more. We are getting so close to being past the fit throwing stage which makes things so much easier. He is also completely obsessed with going to Disney World. He better hope Daddy has a good year next year at the golf course!! He is loving soccer and I am loving that he loves it instead of crying, pouting or acting like some of the other kids do.....mainly he likes to run and hop!

Benjamin: Ben is going to be a year old in about 3 weeks! Not sure how that happened, but he grew somewhere along the way! He is taking 4 or 5 steps on his own and will be probably be running before we know it. He still has blond hair and blue eyes and everyone constantly comments on what a good baby he is! Little do they know, he is mess! Right now, he is into everything and climbing on everything. We are pretty sure he can say "ball" and "dada." He is turning into a little bit of a difficult eater as we switch to table foods and is about ready to drop his bottles. I think his croupy cough is finally starting to clear after 2 weeks. He now has 7 teeth that have popped through and who knows how many more on the verge. He gets them two at a time like Hank did!

Baby Parrish: Tomorrow I will be right about 15 weeks and my next appointment is on Oct.22. I'm hoping the baby doc will let me come in the week before Thanksgiving for my big appt. so I don't have to worry about what to do with the boys.....and because I'm getting anxious to know!! Little bean is starting to flit and flutter around in there but no big kicks yet. I just hope I'm not going to be huge by the time March gets here. I've never been pregnant in the winter so I'm little worried about the sick season and being pregnant.....which is whole other post in itself. I had a student tell me, "Mrs. Parrish, you get fatter every time I come to your class." Thanks kid, don't hold back!

Hank playing soccer on the "Bears"


I'm #3
Go "Bears"
Ben loves soccer too


Skee ball at the birthday party
You have to know Hank and how much he dislikes singing. I was proud he didn't bury his head, but look how nervous he looks.


Bowling time
Daddy giving some tips...such as don't step over the line.

Ben loves bowling. Not really.
They had his name on the sign at the front door which he loved!


2 comments:

McFarland Family said...

Yeah...glad to here from you!! I am ready to see some belly pics!

Jennifer said...

Um, Courtney, Hank has ALWAYS been a very perceptive child. I still remember when he was three months old and HAD to have his little puppy to go to sleep. Never have I seen a little baby be so aware of everything that went on around him! He is a very smart little boy, that is for sure!