Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Just Random

In between vacation photos, I had a lot of random thoughts/ideas I needed to get down. After all, this is our family journal of sorts!

#1 Time Flies: That ticker at the bottom says "Only 93 days to go." What? Just when I was starting to feel like being pregnant was dragging on (maybe due to the fact its been so hot) I read that and realize how much there is still to do around here before the baby. At my last appointment, I passed my glucose test and failed the anemia one. No surprise there since I was with Hankster. Unfortunately, I have to add that to my list of stuff to take because he told me to get my heartburn under control because it's only going to get worse. Yuck!

#2 Thread Count Snob: In my quest to change things up around here, we got all new linens for our bed. I bought a new set of sheets at BBB with my coupon....I felt the ones in my price range when I was at the store and ending up buying some that were 620 thread count. The higher the better, right? Well, Reid wasn't that fond and said they were scratchy. I told him it was because we were comparing them to five year-old sheets that had been washed a million times and had holes in them. So for my second set, I did a little more research and got a different set. We tried them out last night and they ROCK!
Thread Count: 250
Price: Exactly Same
Difference: 100% Modal, made from beechwood trees and some other fancy stuff......you can look them up if you are interested...Pure Beech Sateen only at BBB, I used another coupon to get them. Now, we'll have to invest in another set with the next coupon. If you are in the market for sheets---buy these.

#3 Next Item to Research: Vacuum--We are looking to invest in a new vacuum. Reid wants a bagless Dyson and I just want something light. Being pregnant in a two-story house means I can't carry a thousand pound vacuum up and down the stairs. I don't even know where to start on this one. Maybe I'll start watching HSN or QVC. I bet they have lots of info when they are trying to sell you a vacuum.

Here is a photo from our recent girls night out at Joe T's. I know most of my close family and friends are always hearing about "so and so's mom." Well, here they are! We've had lots of fun this summer with the kiddos and the moms. Too bad it has to end:(((


1 comment:

tamandscott said...

Who is the hottie next to you in the picture? I am buying those sheets from BBB. I only have one pair of decent sheets. Also, we have a dyson, and it rocks. It's light enough, but it doesn't have a bag and emptying it is super easy.