Sunday, October 28, 2007

What a Week!

Last Sunday afternoon Hank started feeling bad. His voice was a little raspy and he was coughing a little. In the middle of the night he woke up shaking with major fever. We gave him Motrin and discussed he would be going to the doctor the next morning. Reid took him in and she said it was congestion, etc. So we were armed with a couple samples of different medication. And we even sent him to school Tuesday. He had a totally crappy day and a fever of 101 when he got home. So by Wednesday we were calling the doctor back and Reid was staying at home with him. It took them until 5:00 to get back to us........they said they would call in two prescriptions and we should check with the pharmacy in about an hour. So I call them up and guess what? There were NO prescriptions! I ran a couple errands and then went up there to double check, NOPE, nothing. So I was almost in tears I was so mad. He hadn't been treated right the first time, we couldn't get them to call us back AND they didn't call it in. The freaking Walgreens is in walking distance of their office. No one was there at 7:00 so there wasn't much we could about that. I eventually decided to take him to the Urgent Care Center where they are always wonderful to us. The doctor looked in his ears and immediately said "He has an ear infection." I was kind of stunned, but relieved. At least it wasn't croup or bronchitis. We left with our prescription and the night ended well. I owe it that night's sleep (finally) to purple Trimming. It's also a good thing we had Grammy on reserves for the next day. I'm sure he would have had a fever again. She took care him and even got him donuts, his fave!

Hank is a new kid this weekend and we even went to a Jumping Party yesterday. I got my exercise in jumping and sliding with him:) He still has a lingering cough, but nothing like we were facing earlier this week.

BTW, yes, we are switching pediatricians. We loved the doctor we started there with and liked the one we were seeing. I know Hank will do well with anything and know of several great practices in the area. Now, if we can only make it to Thanksgiving!

No comments: